Our Full Mask Performing for Students workshop can be booked at a duration to suit you and your students, from one hour to a full day. The engaging and fast-paced session introduces students to mask theatre, showing how to create characters, develop clarity in communication and devise original mask work, empowering students to create their own mask theatre and gain a better understanding of theatre vocabulary needed for the written elements of GCSE/AS/A level drama. The workshop is suitable for KS3 to degree level, and can be led by a d/Deaf practitioner for students who are d/Deaf or HoH - please let us know when booking.
The workshop will:
• familiarise students with the basic rules of performing in full mask, focusing on physical clarity
• develop students’ understanding of specific performance elements such as movement, gesture and pace, and how this helps in creating character and communicating intention
• teach students important mask techniques such as internal monologue, clocking, punctuated movement and stillness
• build students’ confidence in the devising process, and encourage them to think creatively and clearly
• encourage students to consider, and be able to critique, the importance of the performer/audience relationship
• develop teamwork and group trust
• allow shy or under-confident students to shine with the protection of a mask
Would you like this workshop to accompany a performance visit?
We offer this workshop as an accompaniment to a your students seeing a performance. With A Brave Face, in addition to learning mask theatre techniques, students can explore the themes of the show through the safety of its fictional story, and are given the opportunity to identify and discuss the impact of mental health illness through Ryan's character. Please enquire when booking.
Suitability: KS3 upwards Course size: maximum 30 participants Duration: adaptable Cost: 1 hour £150 + travel + accommodation
2 hours £250 + travel + accommodation
4 hours £375 + travel + accommodation
Full day (6 hours delivery) £450 + travel + accommodation
Additional hours £70 per hour To book: contact us on 01905 312921 or via our Contact Form
Friendly, approachable, professional and individual...
Vamos Theatre created a truly democratic performance space for our students and empowered them to communicate profoundly, hilariously and emphatically. Mask theatre speaks no language but human language, one we can all understand, and I was both amazed and moved to see our students flourish throughout the week.
It was excellent and so well suited to our pupils.
The work shop that took place at my college really made me realise how hard mask work is, but also I learnt how effective body language is when betraying an emotion. Thank you for coming!
I have been a teacher for 10 years and it was by far the most dynamic and worthwhile workshop I have ever seen delivered to students. I feel after your workshop they have the best possible start for their practical exam.