Suitable for all Deaf and HoH school, college and university students from KS2 to degree level, this engaging workshop gives students an insight into full mask mask theatre, including creating characters, achieving physical clarity, and gaining confidence in performance.
This session will:
• Familiarise students with the basic rules of wearing and performing in full mask, focusing on physical detail and isolation
• Develop students’ confidence in physical storytelling and encourage them to think creatively when devising visual theatre, without using BSL or captions
• Empower students to create physical clarity and focus on stage
• Address key skills required in the areas of mask and physical characterisation and performance.
• Encourage shy or under confident participants to shine with the protection of a mask
We can offer workshops delivered by a Deaf practitioner, but we would request that an interpreter is provided to accommodate the individual needs of the group.
Suitability: students 8 years upwards Course size: maximum 30 participants Duration: adaptable Cost: 1.5 hours £200 + travel + accommodation
2 hours £230 + travel + accommodation
4 hours £350 + travel + accommodation
Additional hours £70 per hour To book: contact us on 01905 312921 or via our Contact Form
It was excellent and so well suited to our pupils.
This workshop really inspired me and I would recommend it to every Deaf person in the universe.