About the workshop
This engaging and fast-paced full mask theatre workshop is suitable for schools, colleges and universities. It introduces students to mask theatre, showing how to create characters, develop clarity in communication, and devise original mask work, empowering students to create their own mask theatre. The workshop is adaptable to students at any stage of education, from KS2 to degree level.
The session will:
• Familiarise students with the basic rules of wearing and performing in full mask, focusing on physical detail and isolation
• Develop students’ confidence in physical storytelling and encourage them to think creatively when devising visual theatre
• Empower students to create physical clarity and focus on stage
• Address key skills required in the areas of mask and physical characterisation and performance.
• Encourage shy or under confident students to shine with the protection of a mask
Please note: with all our touring shows we offer a show specific workshop with particular reference to the show and its devising process. We also provide a full Education Pack about the show aimed at schools, which includes mask and devising exercises.
Suitability: students 8 years upwards
Course size: maximum 30 participants
Cost: 1 hour £150 + travel + accommodation
2 hours £250 + travel + accommodation
4 hours £375 + travel + accommodation
Full day (6 hours delivery) £450 + travel + accommodation
Additional hours £70 per hour
To book: contact us on 01905 312921 or via our Contact Form
Vamos Theatre is committed to a practice which protects children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm. You can read about our Safeguarding Policy here.